Not only is butter chicken the most popular curry around the world, it can be made paleo with absolute ease. So i've got this recipe for you here so you too, can make this delight in your own home. Not only does this bring some people out of their comfort zones by making a curry from scratch, but it REALLY impresses the family or friends when you can show them what you've done all by yourself.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Large Brown Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Garam Masala
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes (400g)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Cream
- Coriander (Cilantro) *Optional Garnish*
- 500g (1lb) Chicken Breast or Boneless Thighs
- Heat oil and finely diced onion in a pan on a low heat. Simmer the onions for at least 10 minutes or until they start to crisp and brown.
- Add in the garlic, paprika, garam masala and salt and pepper and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for another 2 minutes then add coconut cream and blend either using a stick blender, or pour it all into a standing blender (Be careful as steam can make a lid pop off during blending).
- Bring the sauce back to a medium-low simmer and add the diced chicken. Cook for about 12 minutes or until no pink is found in the chicken.
Serving suggestions are a sprinkle of freshly chopped coriander and served on a bed of steamed or boiled cauliflower rice.